How to get a Driving license on the first attempt in UAE
If you arrived in Dubai and you want to get a driving license to be able to travel around the UAE on your own. And you must have listened to some horror stories of rigorous tests and various driving institutes working in Dubai just to make money, but they couldn’t train people up to the mark. In addition, better forget all such stories as in the end getting a license on the first try isn’t that much hard. So, if you are looking for How to get a Driving license on the first attempt in UAE, it just depends on these key points;
- Be prepared
- Be focus
- Practice as much as you can
How to Get a New License
If you are coming from some other country, you need to apply for a new license. Don’t get despair, better follow some rules.
Choose A Driving School
Meanwhile, with the help of some locals or some authorities, you can easily get some good driving schools in UAE. Some of the schools are;
- Al Ahli Driving School: 04-3411500 (10 branches)
- Belhasa Driving School: 04-3243535 (18 branches)
- Dubai Driving Center: 04-3455855 (13 branches)
- Emirates Driving Institute: 04-2631100 (53 branches/mall counters)
- Galadari Driving School: 04-2676166 (14 branches)
Collect Necessary Documents
- Passport; original and copy
- NOC from your sponsor
- Passport size photographs
- Eye test certificate; the driving school has a facility to conduct the test
Attend Classes for RTA Test
You need to attend 2 sessions of 8 hours lecture, where you will get the RTA handbook upon which you will be able to sit for RTA’s theoretical exam. How to get a Driving license on the first attempt in UAE This is as simple as RTA has its application in the store. Though you can go through the lecture and practice sample papers in advance. But you can select your preferred language and the most popular options are English, Arabic, and Urdu.
There are 35 questions in 2 sections, and you have to score 13 out of 18 & 12 out of 12 respectively.
However, I can give you a tip here that do attend all the lectures thoroughly and use the app to make sure smooth sailing through!
Some points to remember before making your first attempt to get a driving license;
- Try to arrive early at your venue and meet your examiner confidently
- Do check your seat, adjust the mirrors, fasten the seatbelt, and ask your fellows to sit behind. But normally road tests are done with a batch of 3-4 students. There is a male examiner for men and female examiner for women.
- Be confident once you are on the road, drive confidently and trust your instincts.
- Don’t drive too slow or too fast. There is a specific speed limit, do follow it.
- You just got a few minutes to show your driving skills and it will be over in a couple of minutes.
- Do remember your roundabout rules; keep a safe distance from the cars in front of you.
- Do use indicators when it must be used.
That’s it; you got to do your test drive. Hopefully, you didn’t commit some major faux pas; you will be told soon that you have passed your test.
Owning a driving license in Dubai is more than having a good skill to have. But no matter you are a job seeker, employee, parent or just a tourist, a driving license can make your chances of living in UAE successfully. Therefore, Dubai is extremely well connected and driving license is considered as the essential part. But driving without a license can put you in serious legal trouble. So, the country has perfect public transport that can be used effectively. So if you don’t have a license or you couldn’t get your test drive passed, better use taxi or public transport.